Electric Vehicle Charging For Restaurants
There are many types of electric vehicle charge points to choose from.
Low Carbon Energy we work closely with you to ensure we install the most suitable charge points for your needs – whether for your customers, staff, or other visitors to your restaurant.
We will identify, supply and install the charging solution you require, providing end to end project management for your charge points.
Why install charge points at your restaurant?
- To meet the needs of customers who own an electric vehicle and to attract more passing trade.
- To attract more business from customers outside of evening times, e.g. during the day for business meetings and lunches.
- To help advertise your restaurant by choosing for it to appear on online maps and apps that publicise charging locations.
- To offer something different to your competition.
- To boost your environmental credentials.
Installing charge points at your restaurant
To help you decide which type of charge point (EVCP) is best for your restaurant, consider the following:
- What speed of charge will your customers require? This will depend on how long a customer typically spends in your restaurant.
- Does your restaurant only have customers who dine in the evening? Or do you attract daytime business from customers who will need a faster charge?
- Do you wish to offer charging as a free service, or bill customers for its use?
- If you bill customers, do you want to just recover the cost of the electricity used?
- Can you control access to your car park? If not, access controls on the EVCPs may be required.
- Do you have suitable parking bays close to a wall or will the EVCPs need to be free standing?
- The power supply available compared to the number of EVCPs you wish to install.